This service is only available to patients 18 years of age and older.
Gastroscopy (esophagus, stomach) and colonoscopy (rectum, colon) can detect many diseases including cancer. These exams can now be performed quickly in private with our gastroenterologist, Dr. Marie-Hélène Gingras. With more than 10 years of experience in endoscopy, Dr. Gingras will offer you quality care with thoroughness that will exceed your expectations.
The private endoscopy clinic allows you to perform endoscopies in a relaxing place at the cutting edge of technology with a team of the most caring nurses and respiratory therapists. Throughout the course of your endoscopy, your comfort will be a priority. Leave it to us to redefine what a colonoscopy should be in 2023.
You will have the result of your endoscopy the same day and the pathology results will be explained to you as soon as they are available. Dr. Gingras will make sure to properly guide you regardless of the endoscopy findings. She can, if necessary, ensure the follow-up of diagnosed gastrointestinal diseases.
Have you ever had a polyp? Has a family member had a polyp or colon cancer? Do you have blood in the stool? Did your doctor tell you that the stool blood test was positive? You have diarrhoea? Food blocking when you eat? Do you have a digestive problem that worries you? Do not hesitate to call us to quickly schedule an appointment for an endoscopy (gastroscopy or colonoscopy) at 450-735-8111 ext. 1006. No request required. There is the possibility of a pre-endoscopy consultation with our gastroenterology nurse to ensure that an endoscopy is the best investigation for you.
Examples of symptoms that can be evaluated in gastroenterology:
- Dysphagia (food blockage)
- Gastroesophageal reflux
- Difficulty digesting
- Chronic nausea and vomiting
- Chronic abdominal pain
- Abdominal bloating
- Blood in stool
Examples of chronic diseases that can be evaluated in gastroenterology:
- Esophageal diseases: achalasia (Botox treatments), esophageal stricture (dilation), Schatzki ring (dilation), eosinophilic esophagitis (elimination diet protocol), Barrett’s esophagus, gastroesophageal reflux, hiatal hernia
- Diseases of the stomach: gastritis, uncomplicated stomach ulcer, Helicobacter pylori infection, functional dyspepsia, gastroparesis, gastric intestinal metaplasia
- Intestinal diseases: celiac disease, irritable bowel syndrome, colitis of various origins including microscopic colitis (also called lymphocytic or collagenic)
- Inflammatory bowel diseases: ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease
- Liver diseases: hepatitis, cirrhosis, hepatic steatosis, tumors/cysts
- Hepatic (liver) or pancreatic (pancreas) abnormalities
- Pancreatic diseases: chronic pancreatitis, tumors/cysts
- Iron deficiency anemia
- Resection polyps of the stomach, intestines, colon
- Screening for digestive cancers: esophagus, stomach, intestine, colon
- Digestive pre-endoscopy evaluation (gastroscopy and colonoscopy)
Dr. Marie-Hélène Gingras, gastroenterologist.
Dr. Gingras graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Nutrition from the University of Montreal in 2004. Subsequently, she obtained her doctorate in Gastroenterology from Laval University in 2013. From 2013 to 2022, she practiced at Saint-Eustache Hospital, in a high-speed service. Dr. Gingras now wants to take the time to provide quality patient-centred care.
For Dr. Gingras, nutrition is an important factor in the prevention and treatment of many diseases. Nutrition brings benefits to overall health and can be optimized according to the needs of its patients. She will offer her services to the private sector at ExcelleMD mainly at the Saint-Eustache clinic as of October 2022. The gastroenterology service at ExcelleMD will allow patients to have quick and personalized access.
You have direct access to our gastroenterologist with no medical referral required.